- Anticipate more traffic congestion if you drive early in the morning and late in the afternoon. Allow extra time to get to work, appointments, etc.
- Obey bus laws! if you are not sure you know them check online for a refresher. The most important rule is do not pass a school bus in either direction until red (or yellow - which is signaling it is about to turn red) lights and signals are turned off.
- Anticipate sudden stops and children behaving unpredictably at school bus stops. Slow down in these areas and around schools, keep alert, and watch for kids darting into traffic
- Speed limits may change in school zones while school is in session. Be aware.
- Keep your cool! There will be more inexperienced drivers on the road and traffic conditions in general will be less predictable at certain times of the day.